- How to personalise
- Personalise your save the date cards
- Personalise your wedding invitations -
- Personalise your guest information cards
- Personalise your RSVP cards
- Personalise your invitation belly bands
- Personalise your wedding menu cards
- Personalise your wedding table numbers
- Personalise your wedding thank you cards
- Personalise your baby thank you cards
- Personalise your baby announcements
- Personalise your christening invitations
- Personalise your baby shower invitations
- Personalise your place cards
- Personalise your gift tags
- Personalise your Christmas cards
- Personalise your business Christmas cards
- Personalise your Christmas thank you cards
- Personalise your kids party invitations
- Personalise your party invitations
Create your unique wedding invitations
Your wedding invitations are an opportunity for you to give your guests a glimpse of your wedding style or theme. If you are hosting an original wedding full of surprises then set the tone for your unique wedding with our unique wedding invitations. Take a look at our guide on how to choose and personalise your unique wedding invitations to suit you and your wedding, with advice on when to send your wedding invites and what to write. Finding your unique wedding invitations couldn't be easier, as we have created a catalogue dedicated to our statement wedding invitation designs!
How to choose your unique wedding invitations
We work with numerous internal and external designers, who all have different styles and take inspiration from different places. This means that we are able to offer a wide range of unique wedding invitations that will be perfect for your one-of-a-kind wedding! For some couples, the choice will be easy and they will fall in love with one of our unique wedding invitations straight away! For others, it may be difficult to choose which of our invitation designs best matches their wedding style. Here are a few things to bear in mind when narrowing down your shortlist:
- Your wedding colour scheme: Give your guests a hint of the unique décor that will await them by choosing a unique wedding invitation design to match. Use the filters on the left of our catalogue to narrow down your choice by colour.
- Your wedding theme: You may already have a theme or wedding style in mind so choose your invitations accordingly.
- Your wedding venue: Wherever you are getting married, we are sure to have wedding invitations that will suit the style of your venue. Choose floral motifs for a garden wedding or opt for a touch of foliage for a woodland wedding. We also have invitations suited to destination weddings such as our bright “Palermo” wedding invitations or vintage “Provence” wedding invitations.
- Your personalities: Take the opportunity to pour some of your personalities into your unique wedding invitations, whether that be through your design or your wording!
Otherwise, a sure way to make your invitations unique is to opt for one of our photo wedding invitation designs, that will allow you to share one of your photos from your engagement photo shoot or your latest romantic getaway. Your wedding guests will be delighted to receive a photo of the happy couple and are sure to display your invitations on their fridge or mantlepiece. Take a look at our photo advice pages for some hints and tips on choosing the right photos for your photo wedding invitations.
Personalise your unique wedding invitation
A simple change of wedding invitation wording can turn more traditional wedding invitations into truly unique wedding invitations that reflect your style as a couple, as well as the style of your wedding. Use our online editing tool to add your unique wedding invitation wording, and select the font and colour of your text. Take a look at our informal wedding invitation wording suggestions for some ideas on how to make your wedding invitation wording truly unique! Our friendly customer service team are on hand to help you find the perfect wording for your wedding invitations if required. Our proofreaders will also double check your wedding invitation wording as part of our complimentary retouching service.
If when choosing your unique wedding invitations you find that our designs do not completely match your wedding theme or colour scheme then do not fret. You can change the style and layout of your text using our online editing tool.
Otherwise, get in touch with our friendly customer service team, who will be more than happy to see if we can adapt our wedding invitations to suit your requirements. They will check whether our graphic designers are able to make the requested changes to your preferred design and will let you know if these changes incur a surcharge to cover the handiwork of our designers in creating your bespoke version of our invitations. As part of our advanced personalised changes, our graphic designers may be able to adapt:
- The colour of your unique wedding invitations.
- The position of illustrated elements of the design.
- The number of pages, creating two or four-page unique wedding invitations.
Choose the finishing touches for your unique wedding invitations
As if our designs aren’t unique enough, you can also choose from a range of finishing touches to make your wedding invitations completely your own. When personalising your unique wedding invitations, you will be asked to choose from our:
- High-quality paper types: Give your wedding invitations a unique feel with our shimmering iridescent paper.
- Corner types: Choose from square or rounded corners, bearing in mind that rounded corners incur a small surcharge.
- Envelopes: Choose from our range envelopes to match your invitations. Opt to upgrade to one of our bold colours to make your wedding invitations stand out in the recipients’ letterboxes!
Complete your unique wedding invitation suite
Our unique wedding invitations are designed as part of a wider wedding stationery suite, meaning that you can create matching wedding invitation inserts and day-of wedding stationery.
Create a unique wedding invitation suite by accompanying your invitations with matching guest information cards and RSVP cards, to ensure that your guests have all the information that they need about your special day and make it easy for them to reply to your kind invitations. Keep everything matching with wedding invitations and inserts in the same colour, or mix and match the colours to create a trendy mismatched wedding stationery suite! Secure your wedding invitations together with your inserts using our wedding invitation belly bands. Take a look at our belly band tutorial for more information.
You may also wish to create unique evening wedding invitations for those guests only invited to the evening festivities. Take a look at our guide to creating evening wedding invitations for some ideas.
When should I send my unique wedding invitations?
- 3-4 months before the wedding. Even if your guests reserved the date after receiving your save the date cards, they will still need all the finer details well in advance so that they get organised.
- More than 4 months before a destination wedding, seeing as your guests will probably need to book flights and accommodation.