- How to personalise
- Personalise your save the date cards
- Personalise your wedding invitations +
- Personalise your guest information cards
- Personalise your RSVP cards
- Personalise your invitation belly bands
- Personalise your wedding menu cards
- Personalise your wedding table numbers
- Personalise your wedding thank you cards
- Personalise your baby thank you cards
- Personalise your baby announcements
- Personalise your christening invitations
- Personalise your baby shower invitations
- Personalise your place cards
- Personalise your gift tags
- Personalise your Christmas cards
- Personalise your business Christmas cards
- Personalise your Christmas thank you cards
- Personalise your kids party invitations
- Personalise your party invitations
Create your personalised wedding thank you cards
Wedding thank you cards are the last point to tick off your wedding checklist and allow you to thank all those who helped make your day extra special. Choosing the perfect wedding thank you cards to top off your wedding, and deciding what to write on your wedding thank you cards isn’t always easy, so we are here to help with our helpful guide on wedding thank you card etiquette and tips on how to personalise your last piece of wedding stationery!
When should I send my wedding thank you cards?
- According to traditional wedding etiquette, you should send your wedding thank you cards within the first three months after your wedding.
- Sending your wedding thank you cards as soon as you can means that your wedding gifts will still be fresh in your mind, making it easier to write a heartfelt message!
Who do I need to send wedding thank you cards to?
- All those who attended the wedding; helping to make your day special.
- Everyone who gave you a wedding gift (including those who were unable to attend).
- Your friends and family who were involved in the preparations, especially your parents and the bridal party.
- Those who attended your hen or stag party.
This is not an exhaustive list as you may also wish to send wedding thank you cards to those who could not attend your big day, but who sent their good wishes. You can adapt the type of cards you send to suit your relationship with the recipient. Write a list of who you wish to send wedding thank you cards to before ordering your stationery, and make sure that you note down who gave you which gift!
How to choose your wedding thank you card design
All the decision making doesn’t come to an end once the wedding is over, as you still need to pick your favourite design for your wedding thank you cards. When choosing your cards, think about whether you would prefer:
- Matching wedding thank you cards: If you fell in love with your wedding invitations and on-the-day wedding stationery, and feel that they captured the essence of your wedding perfectly, then you can always opt for a design to match!
- Photo wedding thank you cards: Share your favourite photos from the big day, whether that be some romantic shots or a group snap, to have your guests feeling nostalgic about the special day spent together. Our photo wedding thank you cards allow you to share up to three wedding photos.
- Foiled wedding thank you cards: Add a touch of luxury to your final piece of wedding stationery with your choice of gold, silver or copper metallic foiling.
Personalise your wedding thank you card wording
Writing your wedding thank you cards isn’t easy, especially when you have a pile of them to get through. Split the work between you and your partner and make sure all your messages have a personal touch. Let everyone know how much you appreciated their presence on the big day and make reference to any gifts that they may have given you. Let your guests know how you are going to use their gift, especially if they gave you money. Save time by typing part of your thank you message on all of your wedding thank you cards or go for a more personal touch with handwritten messages. Finding it hard to put pen to paper? Take a look at our wedding thank you card wording guide for inspiration.
Choose your photo(s) for your wedding thank you cards
We are sure that you do not need an excuse to get your wedding album back out, so start flicking through your wedding photos to find your favourites for your wedding thank you cards. Photo wedding thank you cards are a lovely souvenir for your guests and will be their first glimpse of your professional photos. Choosing the right photos is important, so take a look at our guide to choosing photos for your wedding thank you cards for some helpful tips.
Advanced personalised changes to your wedding thank you cards
If you like one of our wedding thank you card designs but had imagined it in a different colour or with more photos, then do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly customer service. As part of our advanced personalised changes we may be able to:
- Change the colour of your cards.
- Add or remove photos to and from your wedding thank you cards.
- Move elements of the illustrations.
- Create a four-page version of your favourite design.
Please note that we are unable to change the colour of watercolour wedding thank you cards seeing as they were originally hand painted. We are also unable to change the foiled aspects of any designs seeing as the foil is applied manually to your wedding thank you cards with set stencils.
Finishing touches to your wedding thank you cards
As with all of our personalised stationery, you can choose from a range of finishing touches to make your wedding thank you cards truly unique.
- Luxurious metallic foiling: Our foiled wedding thank you cards pass through the hands of our hot foil stamping experts, who apply a thin layer of foil in your choice of gold, silver or copper.
- High-quality paper: Rosemood has carefully selected four high-quality paper types, with each being suited to different designs.
- Corner types: Choose from square or rounded corners, bearing in mind that rounded corners incur a small surcharge.
- Coloured envelopes: Rosemood offers a range of around 20 coloured envelopes.
Rosemood will check and retouch your wedding thank you cards
Once you have chosen your finishing touches, you can leave the rest up to us. As part of our complimentary retouching service, our proofreaders will double check your wedding thank you card wording before our talented graphic designers optimise the formatting of your text and retouch your photos where necessary. We will do everything that we can to make sure that your wedding thank you cards are perfect!