- Wording advice
- Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- Save The Date Wording
- Wedding Invitation Wording +
- RSVP Wording
- Writing Your Wedding Order of Service
- Wedding Thank You Card Wording
- Baby Thank You Card Wording
- Baby Announcement Wording
- Christening Invitation Wording
- Writing Your Christening Order Of Service
- Christmas Card Verses
- Christmas Card Messages
- Business Christmas Card Messages
- Kids Party Invitation Wording
- Party Invitation Wording
- Wording Your Personalised Note Cards
Christmas Card VersesWhat to write in your personalised Christmas cards
It’s that time of year when you need to get your Christmas list out and start writing all of your personalised Christmas cards. This can be a daunting task as you will want to adapt each message to the recipient, writing different greetings for family members versus your colleagues. We are here to help with ideas for Christmas card verses that will make your Christmas greeting more original. From traditional Christmas card poems to bible verses, you are sure to find some ideas within our selected of Christmas card verses. If you prefer to keep it simple, you can take a look at our traditional Christmas card messages.
Traditional Christmas card verses
Create a unique greeting for your personalised Christmas cards by including some of our traditional Christmas card verses. A jolly rhyme is sure to get everyone in the Christmas spirit so take a look at our sample Christmas card poems for some inspiration.
Hope you'll be delighted
with all that Christmas has in store,
And may you find the New Year
brings all you're hoping for.
These wishes aren't original
But still they're most sincere,
Have a really Merry Christmas
And a wonderful New Year.
Christmas time wishes
For warmth and good cheer
Happiness now and in the New Year.
After the gifts have been opened
After the tree is gone
After the carols have faded
May the happiness linger on.
It's just the perfect time to send
A lot of love your way,
And then to add some wishes
For a Merry Christmas Day.
Hope your day is filled
with festive cheer,
Wishing you a Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year.
Christmas comes but once a year,
Our greeting sent with festive cheer!
Thinking of you on Christmas Day
and sending love and wishes your way
for a wonderful Christmas filled with love
and all the things you're dreaming of!
Religious Christmas card verses
Share your faith with your friends and family this festive season by including religious verses in your personalised Christmas cards. Alternatively, you can add one of the Bible verses below as part of your Christmas greeting.
May your heart be lifted in praise this Christmas for the wonderful gift of Jesus and the joy he brings to our lives. Have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year!
Faith makes all things possible, Hope makes all things work, Love makes all things beautiful, May you have all the three for this Christmas. Merry Christmas.
May God’s blessings be yours this Christmas!
May your Christmas be filled with joy & gratitude because of all that Christ has given you.
Wishing you the gift of faith, the blessing of hope and the peace of his love at Christmas and always.
May his love surround you at Christmas-time and always.
Christmas Bible verses for cards
Share God's love, as well as your own, this Christmas by including some of your favourite Bible verses in your Christmas cards. You can even include your favourite lines from the Christmas story to remind your friends and family of the true meaning of Christmas.
- Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men" Luke 2:14
- "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
- "When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy." Matthew 2:10
- "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people." Luke 2:10
- "This very day in David's town your Saviour was born — Christ the Lord!" Luke 2:11
- "For to us a child is born, to us, a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9.6
- "And God showed his love for us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him." 1 John 4:9