- Wording advice
- Save The Date Wording
- Wedding Invitation Wording +
- Change the Date Wording
- RSVP Wording
- Writing Your Wedding Order of Service
- Wedding Thank You Card Wording
- Baby Thank You Card Wording
- Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- Baby Announcement Wording
- Christening Invitation Wording
- Writing Your Christening Order Of Service
- Christmas Card Verses
- Christmas Card Messages
- Business Christmas Card Messages
- Kids Party Invitation Wording
- Party Invitation Wording
- Wording Your Personalised Note Cards
Christmas card messagesWhat to write in your Christmas cards
The end of year festivities are often a time to eat, drink and be merry, but they are also the perfect opportunity to warm the hearts of your friends and family, to make up for the winter frost nipping at their noses. Personalised Christmas cards are an easy way to wish your loved ones a happy Christmas and all the best for the new year. Whilst it may be easy to pick out your favourite design, it is sometimes more difficult to find inspiration for what to write. Luckily for you, Rosemood is here to make writing your Christmas or New Year cards that bit easier with our suggested Christmas card wording ideas. If you are still lacking some inspiration for your Christmas card messages then hit play on that infamous Christmas playlist to get yourself in the festive spirit!
What to write in your Christmas cards
Putting pen to paper isn’t always easy, especially seeing as you may be sending out Christmas cards to a wide variety of people. It may seem like a lot of work to adapt your Christmas card message to suit your friends, family and colleagues but often a simple change of the closing line can turn your greetings cards from heartfelt and sentimental to highly professional. We have created this helpful summary of what to include in your Christmas cards to help you start crafting your perfect Christmas greetings.
- A simple Christmas greeting: Keep it short and sweet with a simple “Merry Christmas and a happy New Year”.
- A personalised Christmas card message for close family and friends: Show your loved ones how much you are thinking about them with a heartfelt message specific to the individual or share some of your favourite moments from the year gone by. Your Christmas cards can also be a perfect place to announce some exciting news for the year ahead such as your engagement or pregnancy.
- For business Christmas cards: Be sure to use formal titles when addressing your cards to colleagues, or sending your Christmas or New Year cards on behalf of your business. In addition to a simple Christmas card greeting, you can also use your cards to share your appreciation for the recipient's assistance or custom.
- Adapt how you sign off your cards based on the recipient: Use a warm closing phrase for friends and family, such as the simple “lots of love”, but keep it professional for your business Christmas cards with closing messages such as “Kind regards” or a festive “Season’s greetings”.
If you and your family are all about tradition at Christmas, then you are sure to find traditional Christmas cards to suit your taste within our catalogue. Our traditional designs feature a range of traditional motifs such as holly and mistletoe and capture the joys of traditional winter activities such as building snowmen and putting up Christmas trees. Traditional Christmas or New Year cards need traditional messages so we have given you a helping hand with Christmas card wording ideas below. Traditional Christmas card messages can be a safe option for cards for a colleague or those sent on behalf of your business. Our talented proofreaders will help make sure that your writing style is consistent across your greetings cards as part of our complimentary retouching service.
Wishing you a
very Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year.
Our best wishes and warmest thoughts
during this special festive season.
and Happy New Year.
We wish you joy and peace
for this Christmas
and throughout the new year.
Warmest wishes for a
and a Happy New Year!
May the splendour of this festive time
bring you and your family love and happiness,
today, and for the year to come.
Season's greetings to you on this most
magical time of the year.
May your hearts and homes be filled with the
joy of the festive season.
Rosemood has a whole host of original Christmas cards with everything from a little robbin sporting his woolly hat to gaudy Christmas jumpers. Otherwise, you can surprise your loved ones, when they open what may seem like traditional cards to find truly unique and original Christmas card messages. Why not incorporate the words of your favourite Christmas song or carol, or add a little humour to your greeting for your close friends? You can also try out some of your favourite Christmas puns for your Christmas card messages. Here are a few simple Christmas card greeting ideas that will help you find some inspiration.
Naughty or nice, I hope you have a very
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
"Yule" be in our thoughts this Christmas.
All the best from all of us.
Have a holly jolly Christmas,
It’s the best time of the year.
I hope your stocking is stuffed full of joy this year.
Christmas only comes once a year,
but the gift of love keeps on giving.
What's better than Christmas carols,
Christmas feasts and Christmas gifts?
It's having all those things with a family like you.
Christmas card greetings should come from the heart but if you are sending greetings cards to a whole list of people, then it may be hard for you to keep thinking of new messages, especially if you are writing cards to people you aren’t very close to. Not to mention that you need to find time in your busy shopping schedule to write your Christmas cards! The easiest way to tackle your pile of cards is to vary between a few short and sweet Christmas card messages. You can also rely on the fact that “a picture is worth a thousand words” by personalising your very own photo Christmas cards! Here is a few short festive greeting ideas to get you started.
Wishing you a
very Merry Christmas!
All our love at Christmas, and always.
Have yourself a merry little Christmas!
From our family, all the season's warmest greetings.
Tis the season to be jolly!
Wishing you peace, joy, and love!
Hope your Christmas is as wonderful as you are!
Have a fun and festive yuletide season!
Warmest thoughts and best wishes!