- How to personalise
- Personalise your save the date cards
- Personalise your wedding invitations +
- Personalise your guest information cards
- Personalise your RSVP cards
- Personalise your invitation belly bands
- Personalise your wedding menu cards
- Personalise your wedding table numbers
- Personalise your wedding thank you cards
- Personalise your baby thank you cards
- Personalise your baby announcements
- Personalise your christening invitations
- Personalise your baby shower invitations
- Personalise your place cards
- Personalise your gift tags
- Personalise your Christmas cards
- Personalise your business Christmas cards
- Personalise your kids party invitations
- Personalise your party invitations
Create personalised Christmas cards online
It’s almost that time of year where the Christmas decorations will be brought down from the attic and fairy lights will be popping up in streets all around the country. That means it’s also time to start thinking about your Christmas cards. Spread some festive cheer and let your friends and family know that you are thinking about them this yuletide season by sending out high-quality personalised Christmas cards. Whether you are looking for corporate Christmas cards or Christmas cards for loved ones, you can tick your cards off your Christmas checklist with ease, thanks to our range of beautiful designs and our easy-to-use online editing tool. You can create personalised Christmas cards in just a few steps, so take a look at our guide below for hints and tips on choosing and personalising your Christmas cards.
How to choose your Christmas card design
We offer personalised Christmas cards in a wide range of colours and styles to ensure that you can find the perfect Christmas cards for everyone from your Mum to your boss. Use the handy filters to the left of our catalogue of Christmas cards to filter our designs by colour and format. We offer both postcard-style Christmas cards perfect for sticking on the fridge, and traditional folded cards ideal for that spot on the mantelpiece. We have also created the following collections of personalised Christmas cards to help you narrow down your choice by style.
- Traditional Christmas cards: for many, Christmas is all about tradition so stick to traditional motifs such as angels, Christmas wreaths or jolly holly.
- Vintage Christmas cards: go retro and remind your loved ones of Christmases gone by with the help of our vintage Christmas card designs.
- Luxury Christmas cards: choose from our luxurious foiled Christmas cards to wow your friends and family this festive season.
- Foil Christmas cards: add a touch of sparkle to your Christmas cards with the help of our luxurious metallic foiling.
- Photo Christmas cards: delight your loved ones with a festive snap this year and choose your Christmas card design based upon the format of your photo, and how many photos you wish to share.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our friendly customer service team if you think that there is a change that will make our Christmas card designs perfect for your loved ones. We are often able to change the colour of the Christmas cards, add or remove photos and adjust motifs as part of our advanced personalised changes.
If you still can’t decide between a couple of different Christmas card designs, then why not order personalised samples of both? This will give you the opportunity to see each design in print, and to get a feel for our paper and printing quality.
Choose your Christmas card messages
Once you have chosen your favourite Christmas card design, you can go ahead and personalise your Christmas cards with the message and photos of your choice. Save some time by typing a festive greeting online, or leave your Christmas cards blank so that you can write out your Christmas cards by hand. Our online editing tool will allow you to choose the font and colour of your Christmas card messages and our proofreaders will even check your text for typing errors!
Deciding what to write in your Christmas cards will depend on who you are sending your Christmas cards to. Whilst you will want to keep your Christmas card messages simple and formal for your colleagues or customers, you can get creative with your festive greetings to friends and family. Fill them in on your latest adventures or even use your Christmas cards to invite them to your festivities. The options are endless when it comes to our personalised Christmas cards so why not come up with a Christmas poem or add an inspirational quote for the year ahead.
If you are still finding it hard to decide what to write in your personalised Christmas cards, you can take a look at our suggested Christmas card messages. With ideas for traditional, original and short Christmas card messages, you are sure to find some inspiration for your festive greeting. Our customer service team will also be more than happy to help you find the perfect wording for your Christmas cards so do not hesitate to get in touch.
Personalise your photo Christmas cards
Photos will bring some extra cheer to your personalised Christmas cards and are perfect for those friends or relatives who you don’t see very often. Photo Christmas cards are a good opportunity to share your latest family photo, so why not take a snap of everyone in their Christmas jumpers. Photo Christmas cards are also a good way to let your friends and family see how much your little one has grown over the last year or could be a unique way to announce your engagement or marriage. Choose the photo you are going to share based on who you are sending your personalised Christmas card to, as we are sure that the festive photo that you send to your friends, may not be the same one that you wish to send to your boss!
Whichever photos you decide to share, there is no doubt that they will help your personalised Christmas cards stand out on your loved ones’ mantelpieces! With Christmas card designs that allow you to share up to seven photos, you will be able to use your personalised Christmas cards to share all your news and adventures from the year gone by.
Simply upload your favourite photos to your online account and then drag and drop your chosen photos into the photo zones on your personalised Christmas cards. The photo will be automatically resized and you can even add filters and effects if you so wish. Our graphic designers will also take a look at your photo Christmas cards, as part of our complimentary retouching service, to optimise the quality of your images for printing. Take a look at our photo advice to find out more about the format and quality of photo required for your photo Christmas cards
Choose the finishing touches for your personalised Christmas cards
As with all of our personalised stationery, your personalised Christmas cards come with a choice of finishing touches. Whilst creating your personalised Christmas cards you will be able to choose from our:
- High-quality paper types: choose textured ivory paper for more traditional Christmas cards, whilst our satin coated paper gives a glossy photo finish ideal for photo Christmas cards.
- Range of coloured envelopes: from crimson red to rustic kraft, we have envelopes to match all of our personalised Christmas cards
- Luxurious metallic foils: choose from gold, silver or copper foil to add the sparkle to your foiled Christmas cards.
These finishing touches will help you make your personalised Christmas cards truly unique, so our friendly customer service team is on hand should you need any help choosing your paper or envelopes. If you are hesitating between two different papers then why not order personalised samples of your Christmas cards on both papers to see which one you prefer in print.
When to send your Christmas cards
You should send out your personalised Christmas cards 2-3 weeks before Christmas day. Ideally, you should send your Christmas cards during the first full week of December so that you are sure to avoid any delays with the post and to allow your friends and family to display your personalised Christmas cards in the run-up to Christmas day!
Please bear this in mind when ordering your personalised Christmas cards and selecting your delivery method, as you will also need time to address your envelopes and to pop your Christmas cards in the post! Ideally, you should order your personalised Christmas cards online no later than the last week of November or the first week of December.