- How to personalise
- Personalise your save the date cards
- Personalise your wedding invitations -
- Personalise your guest information cards
- Personalise your RSVP cards
- Personalise your invitation belly bands
- Personalise your wedding menu cards
- Personalise your wedding table numbers
- Personalise your wedding thank you cards
- Personalise your baby thank you cards
- Personalise your baby announcements
- Personalise your christening invitations
- Personalise your baby shower invitations
- Personalise your place cards
- Personalise your gift tags
- Personalise your Christmas cards
- Personalise your business Christmas cards
- Personalise your Christmas thank you cards
- Personalise your kids party invitations
- Personalise your party invitations
Personalise your traditional wedding invitations
There are a whole host of options when it comes to choosing the style of your wedding invitations and your choice will depend on whether you already have a theme and colour scheme in mind! Traditional wedding invitations are one of the most versatile styles of wedding invitations, suited to both formal and informal wedding celebrations. Read on to discover our guide to choosing and personalising your traditional wedding invitations.
How to choose your traditional wedding invitations
Traditional wedding invitations come in many different shapes and sizes, but typical features of traditional wedding invitations include:
- Romantic cursive text.
- Timeless colours, such as ivory and royal blue.
- Subtle and elegant motifs.
- Traditional wedding invitation wording.
You will find plenty of inspiration for your wedding invitations in our catalogues of traditional wedding invitations, but here are a few things to bear in mind when choosing your wedding invitations:
- Wedding colour scheme: If you have already decided up a colour scheme before sending out your traditional wedding invitations then you can give your guests a hint of the décor that will await them by choosing a wedding invitation design to match. Use the filters on the lefthand side of our wedding invitation catalogues to narrow down your choice by colour.
- Wedding theme and venue: You may already have a theme or wedding style in mind so choose your wedding invitations accordingly. Choose floral motifs for a garden wedding or opt for a touch of foliage for a woodland wedding.
Do not hesitate to order free samples of our wedding stationery to see some of our wedding invitation designs in print!
Personalise your traditional wedding invitations
Even if you haven’t chosen a very traditional design for your wedding invitations, you give them a more formal style by choosing to include traditional wedding invitation wording. Traditional wedding invitation wording is usually written in the third person, with the wedding invitations often being written on behalf of the parents hosting the wedding. Names, dates and times are usually written out in full, with more formal language used to invite your guests to the wedding. For traditional wedding invitation wording ideas head over to our guide with sample texts. Our online editing tool will allow you to personalise all of the text on your wedding invitations by choosing the size and font that you prefer.
If when choosing your traditional wedding invitations you find that our designs do not completely match your wedding theme or colour scheme then do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly customer service team, who will be more than happy to see if our graphic designers can adapt our traditional wedding invitations to suit your requirements. Please note that our advanced personalised changes often involve a small surcharge to cover the extra time it takes our graphic designers to create the bespoke version of our invitations just for you! As part of our advanced changes, we may be able to adapt:
- The colour of your traditional wedding invitations.
- The position of illustrated elements of the design.
- The number of pages, creating two or four-page traditional wedding invitations.
As with all of our personalised stationery, your traditional wedding invitations will be checked by our proofreaders and graphic designers as part of our complimentary retouching service. They will make sure that there are no spelling errors in your traditional wedding invitation wording, as well as optimising the layout of your text! We will do everything we can to make sure that your traditional wedding invitations are absolutely perfect!
Choose the finishing touches for your traditional wedding invitations
Our traditional wedding invitations come with a range of finishing touches that help add to the classical feel of your invites. When personalising your traditional wedding invitations you will be given a choice of:
- High-quality paper types: Our textured ivory paper is best suited to traditional wedding invitations.
- Corner types: Choose from square or rounded corners, bearing in mind that rounded corners incur a small surcharge.
- Coloured envelopes: Choose from our range of envelopes to match your traditional wedding invites.
Complete your traditional wedding invitation suite
Our traditional wedding invitations are designed as part of a wider wedding stationery suite, featuring wedding invitation inserts and wedding stationery for your big day!
Create a traditional wedding invitation suite by accompanying your traditional wedding invitations with matching guest information cards and RSVP cards. These handy wedding invitation inserts ensure that your guests have all the information that they need about your special day and make it easy for them to reply to your kind invitations. You can present your wedding stationery suite in delicate bundles by securing your guest information cards and RSVP cards to your traditional wedding invitations using our wedding invitation belly bands. Take a look at our wedding invitation belly band tutorial for more information.
You may also wish to create traditional evening wedding invitations for those guests only invited to the evening festivities. Take a look at our guide to creating evening wedding invitations for some inspiration.
When should I send my traditional wedding invitations?
We recommend sending your traditional wedding invitations:
- 3-4 months before the wedding. This should give your guests enough time to get organised for your big day, (bearing in mind that they may have already made arrangements after receiving your save the date cards).
- More than 4 months before a destination wedding, seeing as your guests will need to book flights and accommodation.