- How to personalise
- Personalise your save the date cards
- Personalise your wedding invitations +
- Personalise your guest information cards
- Personalise your RSVP cards
- Personalise your invitation belly bands
- Personalise your wedding menu cards
- Personalise your wedding table numbers
- Personalise your wedding thank you cards
- Personalise your baby thank you cards
- Personalise your baby announcements
- Personalise your christening invitations
- Personalise your baby shower invitations
- Personalise your place cards
- Personalise your gift tags
- Personalise your Christmas cards
- Personalise your business Christmas cards
- Personalise your Christmas thank you cards
- Personalise your kids party invitations
- Personalise your party invitations
Create your personalised wedding menu cards
Whether you are having a formal sit-down wedding breakfast or hosting a more convivial buffet, wedding menu cards are a great way to let your guests know what culinary delights you have in store for them! Wedding menu cards an essential part of your wedding tablescape, so we have created this handy guide on how to personalise and display your wedding menu cards.
Do I need wedding menu cards?
- Wedding menu cards make great icebreakers, as they will get your guests talking as they wait to discover your chosen dishes.
- If you asked your guests to choose their meal on their RSVP cards, many of them are sure to have forgotten the food options by the time the big day comes around, so wedding menus are a good way to remind them what they’ll be eating.
- Wedding menu cards can also act as an elegant addition to your wedding table decorations.
- Menu cards can also come in handy for buffet meals. Providing guests with wedding menu cards will allow them to know what to expect from the buffet, meaning they may have already chosen what they want to eat before they arrive in the queue.
How to choose your wedding menu card design
Wedding menu cards are not only practical in letting your guests know what they are going to be eating, they are also about creating a beautiful wedding tablescape to match your wedding theme and style. Here are some things to bear in mind when choosing your menus:
- Your wedding invitations: Impress your guests by having your wedding menu cards match your wedding invitations.
- Your wedding theme: Choose wedding menus that match the style of your wedding, whether that be rustic, traditional or modern.
- Your wedding colour scheme: Filter the designs based on your wedding colour scheme. That way you know that your wedding menu cards will help tie your decorations together.
- Your floral arrangements: The colours used in your floral arrangements will give you a colour palette to consider.
- Required format: Think about whether you wish to place a two-page wedding menu at each guests’ place setting or whether you would prefer to have your four-page wedding menu cards stand around your tables. You may also wish to opt for four-page menus if your guests are to have a choice of dishes, or if you need extra space for that all-important wine list.
- Your budget: Your wedding budget may dictate whether you are able to provide each guest with their own copy of your wedding menu, or whether you would prefer to have your guests share a couple of wedding menu cards per table.
Personalise your wedding menu cards
Once you have chosen your favourite design, you can personalise your wedding menu cards using our online editing tool. Add your name’s and wedding date to the front of your wedding menu cards to turn them into souvenirs from your big day, and then fill the reverse or inside-pages with your list of delicious dishes. You can also choose from our four high-quality paper types for your wedding menu cards. Our proofreaders and graphic designers will then check the text and formatting of your wedding menu cards as part of our complimentary retouching service.
Add your wedding menu wording
When writing out your wedding menu, you should bear in mind that it should resemble a restaurant menu, with the names of your chosen dishes as well as a brief description. This is important if you are offering multiple dishes or if you have guests with dietary requirements.
For a wedding breakfast menu, you can lay out your dishes under the headings starter, main course and dessert, or simply separate each course on your wedding menu cards. As for a wedding buffet menu, there is no set structure for your wedding menu cards, as this will depend on what type of food your are serving. Try splitting up your menu into food types to make it easy to follow. Do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly customer service team if you need any help wording your wedding menu cards.
How to display your wedding menu cards
Wedding menu cards are much more than a simple piece of wedding stationery, as they can be used to tie together your wedding table decorations and can be presented in a multitude of ways. Here are just a few ideas on how to display your wedding menus:
- Atop each guests’ plate: Treat each guest to their own individual menu so that they have another souvenir from your big day. You can even write your guests’ names by hand on your wedding menu cards so that they can double up as wedding place cards.
- With matching wedding place cards and table numbers: Our wedding menus are designed as part of different wedding stationery suites with matching wedding place cards and wedding table numbers. Coordinated wedding table stationery has a true wow factor!
- In a delicate bundle with your napkins: Take a look at our wedding DIY tips to see how you can use our invitation belly bands to create an elegant bundle from your guests’ menu cards and napkins.
- Stood around each table: four-page wedding menu cards are designed to stand securely upon your wedding tables and are a budget-friendly option for those who prefer their guests to share their menus.